Pages

Wednesday, August 11

I have a love-hate relationship with clothes.

I realize these getting-ready-for-college blogs are boring.
All it consists of is me bitching and packing.

Well, that's all my life consists of right now.
Bitching and packing.

Bitching at the boy for stupid reasons,
And attempting to pack.


Lately I've consciously held off on the bitching.
But that only means I have to put all my energy on packing.


The last 2 nights?
I've slept on the couch, because boxes have taken over my room.
I have a kink to prove it.
Maybe I can get the boy to smooth that out?
We'll see.


Back on topic,
I've realized something.

Packing is not only a lot of work.
It's a lot of strategizing.
I spent 10 minutes figuring out how I could should cram 4 bath towels, 3 hand towels, 1 beach towel, 1 twin-XL size blanket, 2 waterbottles, and 2 sets of hangers all into the same box.
In case you're wondering? I succeeded.
It was a strange kind of satisfaction.

But, then I moved onto clothes.

This is when I got stressed.

What clothes do you bring to college?
It's a tough balance.
You want to bring a lot, so that you have to do laundry as little as possible,
But then, at the same time, you're given microscopic closets that will not hold your entire wardrobe.

I facebook creeped through college-friend's pictures.
Trying to see what they all wear.
How dressy do I go?
How laid back?
Do I pack mostly warm clothes?
Or does the heater work overtime in the summer, making tank-tops acceptable?

We're not even going to talk about underwear.
I don't know how many pairs I have.
I have to count.
My goal number was 21.
I might have to make a mall run this weekend.
Good thing the closest decent mall is 45 minutes away.

And then there's athletic wear.
I have like, 3 pairs of shorts, 1 sports bra, a stretched out pair of yoga pants, and a whole bunch of t-shirts.
I plan on starting to work out in college.
Or at least go running on the tredmill for a bit every day after class.
I might need to eventually stock up on sports bras.
Again... that might require a mall run.

Then there's a bath robe...
Are those optional?
And pj-pants... I always wanted a few pairs of boxer shorts...

So many last minute clothing runs.
I thought I was so on top of this college-shopping thing.
I guess not.

Today is packing day.
By tonight, when I go to bed, I will have a final list of the things I need to get.

6 more days.
Now it's crunch time.

On the bright side,
Tomorrow I'm taking a fun day and going on a double date to a baseball game with the boy.
I'm excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment