Packing?
It's kind of a bitch.
There are so many tiny things that you have to remember,
It's enough to rip your hair out.
We've now officially past the 2 week.
I decided it'd be wise to pack everything up now,
So I can spend the next week and a half with friends and family.
Smart, right?
In theory.
I started packing up the bigger stuff,
Bedding and lamps.
Ignoring the fact that I ran out of boxes/bins and have to make a Walmart run,
I got overwhelmed at the little things I had to squeeze in.
Like paper clips and bobby pins.
I'm so terrified I'll forget something,
But, even more so,
I'm terrified I'll bring too much and have to pick-and-choose at what to keep.
And we're not even going to go in depth on how terrified I am about college.
More importantly, making friends.
It's not so much the fear that I won't make friends.
One thing I've come to realize?
Everyone going off to college is desperate for friends.
It's more along the lines of I'm terrified I'll have to settle for friends.
Like, I won't find anyone I'll feel comfortable opening up to.
I won't find anyone that I can trust.
I hate settling.
Scratch that. I don't settle.
That's the reason it took me 18 years to finally land a boyfriend.
But we'll touch on that later.
Long story short.
Between roommates, making friends, and deciding what I want to do with my life,
College is going to give me an ulcer.
I can feel it.
But, I have my excited moments.
Like this morning.
On my student homepage,
orientation week schedules were posted.
A few highlights?
Movie Night the first day - Iron Man 2
Ice cream socials, comedians, hypnotists, DJs, banquets, Volleyball tournaments, picnics...
5 days of exciting activities so that we open up to one another and feel comfortable at college.
So, that's a plus.
But, I'm only human.
That's not enough to help me fully overcome the tiny things I'm dreading.
The most cliche thing holding me back?
My boyfriend.
But that's an entire blog post in itself.
I'm trying to be positive about all of this.
It's not like I'm leaving for good.
True, I'm 3 hours away from the life I've known forever.
But, I'll be optimistic.
I asked for this change the second I sent in my application.
If I don't get away now and experience new things,
I never will.
So, I suppose I should just shut up and put on an excited front.
Easier said than done.
If I don't get away now and experience new things,
ReplyDeleteI never will.
That's a main worry in my life.
And I'd say you're off to an excellent start on your college blog.
All the college activities sound like fun!
If you do forget bobby pins or any other small things, remember you can just pick those up when you get there.
Spend time with your family and friends now, have fun :)